The Hall of Flags and Sorenson Student Center courtyard were abuzz with more commotion than usual from Aug. 31 to Sept. 2 as nearly 60 clubs participated in Club Rush Week.
The Aikido Club, Disney College Program, Laughing Matters Club, Pre-Med Club and the Men’s and Women’s Rugby Clubs are just a few organizations that were represented during rush week. There are a total of over 130 clubs on campus.
The requirements for a club to exist on campus are a minimum of six students, one full- time faculty or staff advisor and that at least 75 percent of the membership has to be enrolled students. The remaining 25 percent can be staff, faculty or community members.
On average, clubs add 10 to 20 new members during club rush week. Joining a club is relatively painless. Most clubs just want a student’s name and a convenient way to contact them, usually either a phone number or an email address.
For more information about clubs on campus, visit www.UVU.edu/clubs or get involved by contacting Tricia Wagner, clubs office assistant. She can be reached at 801-863-8820 or in LC 101A between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.