Throughout the years, the hamburger has indefinitely positioned itself as a staple food product for the majority of college students, but let’s be honest, the quality of the burger often varies from place to place. The following is a list of local burger joints that put a little extra TLC into their meaty marvels, putting the typical fast food burger from the dollar menu to shame.
1. Sure, Chadders in American Fork may be trying to capitalize on the temporary absence of “In N’ Out Burger” in Utah Valley by mimicking their look, feel and basic menu, but that doesn’t detract from the fact that their burgers are yummy for the tummy. With fresh ingredients and relatively quick service, they’re worth a try.
2. Iceberg Drive In is renowned for having the biggest selection and size (get a mini, it’s plenty, I promise) of shakes in the Valley. Their burgers are a close second. Next time you’re cruising State in Orem and have the rumblies that only a burger can satisfy, pay them a visit. You won’t regret it.
3. JCW’s is one of Utah Valley’s hidden treasures. If you ever find yourself in American Fork, don’t pass up a chance to partake of heaven on a plate. Their burgers are obscenely delicious, as are their fries. Plus, they have some of the best fry sauce in town (if you’re into that sort of thing).
4. Sammy’s is the little hole-in-the-wall burger joint on Center Street and 1st West in Provo that radiates awesomeness. Their burgers are all incredibly delicious with amazingly fresh ingredients (including homemade guacamole). Plus, who doesn’t want to wash down a juicy carne concoction with a savory pie shake?
5. Burgers Supreme on University Parkway in Provo is the place to visit if you are at all interested in the definition of the perfect burger. I dare say that the Burgers Supreme Pastrami Burger is the most perfect creation since Adam himself walked the earth. Go. Order. And I dare you to not inhale it.