Top four noble truths, courtesy of Wikipedia
1. Life as we know it ultimately is or leads to suffering/uneasiness (dukkha) in one way or another.
2. Suffering is caused by craving or attachments to worldly pleasures of all kinds. This is often expressed as a deluded clinging to a certain sense of existence, to selfhood, or to the things or phenomena that we consider the cause of happiness or unhappiness.
3. Suffering ends when craving ends, when one is freed from desire. This is achieved by eliminating all delusion, thereby reaching a liberated state of Enlightenment (bodhi);
4. Reaching this liberated state is achieved by following the path laid out by the Buddha.
Top four bumper stickers I haven’t seen yet, but would like to
1. Relax: Buddha is in charge.
2. Honk if you love honking.
3. HANG UP AND DRIVE… into a telephone pole, but receive some small solace from the irony as you bleed out.
4. My other car is another car.
Top four members of the Beatles
4. Ravi Shankar (go to hell, Ringo).
Top four topics for a top four
1. Top four noble truths, courtesy of wikipedia.
2. Top four bumper stickers I haven’t seen yet, but would like to.
3. Top four members of the Beatles.
4. Top four topics for a top four.