Important Upcoming Events
As the semester comes to a close, please note the following major events that will take place in the coming weeks:
-Hoagies with Holland | Thursday, April 19
President Holland will host a hoagie luncheon in the Student Center Grande Ballroom. At this luncheon, the President will review university highlights and initiatives from this school year as well as outline the resource allocations for the coming year. Lunch will be available beginning at 11:30 a.m. with President Holland’s remarks starting at noon.
-Science Building Ribbon Cutting | Friday, April 20
UVU will host a series of events connected to the Ribbon Cutting of our new Science Building. Events include:
• 11:00 a.m. – Ribbon Cutting Program | Science Building Auditorium
• 11:45 a.m.– Official Ribbon Cutting with “scientific flair” (you don’t want to miss it) | Science Building Atrium
• 12:00 p.m. – Open House Festivities including tours, refreshments, student exhibits, science demonstrations, UVU Jazz Combo performance, and tickets to the UVU baseball game
• 2:00p.m. – Presidential Lecture | Science Building Auditorium | Dr. Valerie Hu, From Genes to Environment: Using Integrative Genomics to Understand Autism Spectrum Disorders
Visit the following website for information concerning additional events.
-Commencement | Thursday and Friday, April 26 & 27
Please support UVU’s graduates at this year’s UVU Commencement and Convocation ceremonies. Note the following changes this year:
• The university-wide commencement ceremony will be held on Thursday, April 26 at 6:30 p.m. in the UCCU Center. At this event, we will hear from speaker and Honorary Degree recipient, Erin Gruwell. We will also recognize additional Honorary Degree recipients (William H. Childs, Lewena “Tye” Noorda, Linda Curley Christensen).
• Individual college/school convocation exercises will take place on Friday, April 27. Please refer to the following website for more information concerning convocations.
-Summer University | May 14-16
Please mark your calendars and visit the following website for information about our upcoming Summer University conference for all staff and faculty. Registration will begin on April 19.